Counseling Vision Statement
The students of Trinity Christian School will glorify the living God of the Bible through their development of Christian maturity, which manifests itself in the areas of academics, career development, and personal/social interactions.
Counseling Mission Statement
The comprehensive, data-informed counseling program of Trinity Christian School will provide students with counseling from a Biblical perspective. The counseling program will foster the development of Christian maturity in students so that they will love God and love their neighbor, which will be manifest in the areas of academics, career development, and personal/social interactions.
Resources for College Financial Aid
Fastweb is a website that can help students find and apply for scholarships.
GAfutures offers many resources, including information about HOPE and state aid programs, and information about federal aid and scholarships.
Completing the FAFSA is an important step in receiving financial aid for college.
GAfutures offers guidance in completing the FAFSA.
Benefits Data Trust, in partnership with CollegeBoard, offers a chatbot to help with completing the FAFSA.
Exploring Careers through Conversations
When exploring possible careers, it is often helpful to speak with those who are in your career fields of interest. Here are some possible questions that you could ask of someone in a particular career.
- What do you like about your job?
- What do you dislike about your job?
- If I were interested in pursuing this career, what advice would you give me?
- What does your job look like on a typical day?
- What qualifications or experience would I need to pursue this career?
- What is the most challenging aspect of your job?
- How did you know that you wanted to pursue this career?
- If you could go back in time, would you still pursue this career? Why or why not?
These are just a small example of questions that could be helpful for gathering information about a career. It would also be helpful to speak with more than one person in a given career field since experiences can vary from person to person. When you think about a career that interests you, what details are unclear to you? What would you need to know to feel comfortable pursuing a career or eliminating it from your list of possible careers? These questions can help steer you to next steps in your career exploration.
Free SAT and ACT Prep
The Army offers free SAT and ACT prep through a website called March2Success. There is no obligation to the Army by using this resource. Here are steps for utilizing this resource.
- Visit the March2Success website through this link
- Create a free account
- After creating a free account, select “My Account” on the top right-hand corner of the main web page
After taking these steps, you will be able to access free SAT and ACT practice tests. This website also offers other free resources as well. Click on this link to access their FAQ.
GAfutures Resources for Exploring Career Interests
Earn Scholarship Opportunities through College Board
By taking steps toward applying to college, you can earn opportunities for scholarships. Taking the following steps provides scholarship opportunities through College Board.
- Build Your College List
- Practice for the SAT
- Improve Your SAT Score
- Strengthen Your College List
- Complete the FAFSA
- Apply to Colleges
To see more information about these opportunities, click on this link to visit the College Board website. This opportunity is currently open to high school seniors graduating in 2021.
The Coolidge Scholarship
- Full-ride, four-year, merit scholarship that may be used by recipients for undergraduate study at any accredited college or university in the United States
- Any high school junior who plans to enroll in college in the fall of 2022 and is an American citizen or legal permanent resident is eligible to apply (current high school seniors are not eligible to apply)
- Deadline: 5:00 PM EST, Wednesday, January 20, 2021
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org ; (202) 827-4291
- Link to more information