Requirements and Procedures
Selecting a school for your child is one of the most important decisions you make as a parent. Trinity Christian School purposes to come along side parents in their God-given responsibilities as they seek to properly train and formally educate their children (Deuteronomy 6:7).
Since 1984, Trinity has offered Statesboro area young people a complete college-preparatory education in a distinctly Christian environment. What does it mean that our education is distinctly Christian? An environment that is distinct is one in which there is no doubt as to the purposes and foundation from which students are taught. At TCS, a Biblical foundation permeates all we do. From our strong academic program to athletics and extracurricular activities, we strive to show students God’s handiwork.
TCS makes it’s distinction in the area of academics also. We strive for excellence in the subject material taught and in the teachers who teach them. We feel we have some of the best teachers in Bulloch County! All are dedicated to our students learning experience and many have Masters degrees. For those students who show an aptitude, we offer options for the accelerated student.
Requirements & Procedures
Based upon the admissions philosophy statement, Trinity Christian School’s admissions standards are designed to identify students who:
- Demonstrate average or above average aptitude and/or achievement,
- Are socially and emotionally well-adjusted,
- Are amenable to correction and instruction,
- Are motivated to learn,
- Have parents who are supportive of the school’s philosophy of education,
- Have parents who will meet their financial obligations,
- Meet minimum age and development readiness qualifications (to enroll in Kindergarten, a child must be five on or before September 1.)
We are grateful that you have considered Trinity Christian School for the education of your child. A child’s education is a vital aspect of his growth and maturity, and the decision of where to educate your child is one that should not be taken lightly.
In order to make the application process run as smoothly as possible, we have established the following guidelines. Please read and follow them carefully to avoid any unnecessary delays during the admissions process.
Once again, thank you for considering Trinity Christian School.
- Submit application to the school office with the appropriate registration and application fees; also include a copy of the student’s most recent report card and standardized test scores (these scores are not applicable for students applying to kindergarten).
- If the student is applying for admission to grade 6 or above, a Teacher Recommendation Form must be submitted to one of the student’s current teachers and mailed, by that teacher, to Trinity Christian School. The application cannot be processed without this form.
- Upon receipt of the application (and Teacher Recommendation form, if applicable), the headmaster will arrange a time for the applying student to be given an entrance examination*, and also for an interview with the student’s parents. Parents are to bring the following items with them to the interview:
- A copy of the student’s birth certificate;
- a copy of the student’s social security card;
- a copy of the student’s immunization records; and
- any other pertinent test scores, reports or evaluations of the student which would be helpful in making an admissions decision.
- Upon completion of the above, a decision regarding enrollment and/or grade placement will be reached.
- Parents will be notified by mail.
- In grades where multiple sections exist, the administration of Trinity Christian School, in conjunction with current grade level and previous grade level teachers, will make the final determination of class assignments for students. Factors that will be considered include: class size; student-student, teacher-student and teacher-parent relationships; and student learning styles. Elementary classes will not be divided by ability levels. While it is the desire of TCS that class assignments be stable, under certain circumstances it may become necessary to move a student from one section to another during the course of the school year.
*The entrance test used by Trinity Christian School in grades 1 and up is the WRAT (Wide Range Achievement Test). The WRAT is used to test the student’s basic skills, i.e., reading, spelling, and math. Performance on this test, in conjunction with the student’s report card, standardized test scores, and teacher recommendation will be used to determine admission to TCS and grade placement.
Complete and return the Application for Student Enrollment and Tuition Agreement with registration and testing fees. An interview will be arranged with the Headmaster, and a date will be scheduled with the Kindergarten teacher for a student-readiness test.
Complete and return the Application for Student Enrollment and Tuition Agreement, relevant registration and testing fees, and your child’s most recent report card and standardized test scores. A parental interview will be scheduled with the Headmaster and a testing date scheduled for the student-entrance examination.
Complete and return the Application for Student Enrollment and Tuition Agreement and relevant re-registration fee. An updated application insures that current information is on file in the office.